This page is for students already enrolled at another school. If you are not currently enrolled, please explore our Offerings.
The Stillness Gym welcomes students of all ranks and styles! If you are interested in dropping in for classes or Open Mat with us, here are a few things you'll need to know:
• We are a barefoot facility. Please store your shoes in the cubbies outside.
• Showers and body wash are available on site. Please bring a towel if you intend to shower.
• Use the foot bath before going upstairs to the training area. If you go back downstairs, use the foot bath again before returning upstairs.
• Our classes typically mix Gi and Gi-less training.
• Bring a bottle. We provide purified water, but you'll need a container.
• No chewing gum during training.
• Our etiquette is semi-formal: We do not bow (but you may, if that is your custom). Do not lay down or sit back on your hands/elbows during class. The instructor does not have a title; they are simply addressed by name. We shake hands before sparring (as opposed to slapping hands or bumping fists).
• We welcome questions! Feel free to contact us if there's anything we can do to help you.